I believe the secret to being content is attitude. I have heard it said that circumstances is only 10% of how you react in any given situation the other 90% is attitude!!
This belief is backed up by this story:
Michael is the kind of guy you love to hate. He is always in a good mood and always has something positive to say.
When someone would ask him how he was doing, he would reply, “If I were any better, I would be twins!”
One day I went up to Michael and asked him, “I don’t get it! You can’t be a positive person all of the time. How do you do it?”
Michael replied, “Each morning I wake up and say to myself, you have two choices today.
You can choose to be in a good mood or …
you can choose to be in a bad mood.
I choose to be in a good mood.
Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or… I can
choose to learn from it. I choose to learn from it.
“Yeah, right, it’s not that easy,” I protested.
“Yes, it is,” Michael said. “Life is all about choices.
When you cut away all the junk, every situation is a choice.
You choose how you react to situations.
Several years later, I heard that Michael was involved in a serious
accident, falling some 60 feet from a communications tower.
After 18 hours of surgery and weeks of intensive care, Michael was released from the hospital with rods placed in his back.
I saw Michael about six months after the accident. When I asked him how he was, he replied. “If I were any better, I’d be twins.
Wanna see my scars?”
I declined to see his wounds, but I did ask him what had gone through his
mind as the accident took place.
“The first thing that went through my mind was the well-being of my soon to be born daughter,” Michael replied. “Then, as I lay on the ground, I remembered that I had two choices: I could choose to live or …I could choose to die.
I chose to live.”
“Weren’t you scared? Did you lose consciousness?”
Michael continued, “…the paramedics were great.
They kept telling me I was going to be fine. But when they wheeled me into the ER and I saw the expressions on the faces of the doctors and nurses, I got really scared. In their eyes, I read “he’s a dead man. I knew I needed to take action.”
“What did you do?” I asked.
“Well, there was a big burly nurse shouting questions at me,” said Michael. “She asked if I was allergic to anything.
“Yes, I replied.” The doctors and nurses stopped working as they waited for my reply. I took a deep breath and yelled, “Gravity.”
Over their laughter, I told them, “I am choosing to live. Operate on me as
if I am alive, not dead.”
Michael lived, thanks to the skill of his doctors, but also because of his
amazing attitude. I learned from him that every day we have the choice to live fully.
Michael sure has an amazing attitude!!
As for me I do my best each day to choose a good attitude; I have not attained Michael’s amazing attitude yet but I think it sure is something to aspire to.
Have you ever heard the saying: Have an attitude of gratitude? I believe this is part of the
secret to having a positive outlook on life is being grateful for the people in our lives and the things we do have!
I’m so grateful for my family and friends, to have a roof over my head, a comfortable bed, computer, car and a job. I’m also very grateful for good health and the beauty of nature (the bush and the beach). The list could go on; there are many things to be thankful for.
Life is a journey. I encourage you (and me) to enjoy the time along the way. God only knows what tomorrow will bring. After all today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
How we react to circumstances in our lives also affects our health and wellbeing. It’s a fact that stress can play havoc on the inner workings of our body. It messes up our hormones putting our body out of balance. While on the other hand having a positive attitude and being grateful literally releases healthy hormones creating health within our body.
Since starting my internet marketing training with The Six Figure Mentors I have been encouraged to have a positive attitude. By developing this positive attitude it affects every aspect of your life.
For those who are looking to build their own internet marketing business, so they can have Location Freedom (you can work wherever there is an internet connection). The SFM has helped thousands of people around the world! Find out more information for yourself by clicking here.
I have a gift for you, this gift is an exclusive 7 day video bootcamp with lots of tips and tricks to help you get started with your own internet marketing business. Press the button and get started!! It’s that easy.
If you would like to get in touch with me you can email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
or you can find me on facebook by clicking this link: https://www.facebook.com/sherin.terry
I would love to hear from you